- G80 puts Genesis on the map of gorgeous sedans with its eye-catching exteriors.
- It’s designed to impress with its royal styling accents and dominating proportions. A large chrome grille with parallel strip style headlights decorates the front. The streamlined tapering body is only accentuated by the sophisticated color palette offered – Casablanca white, Himalayan grey, Victoria black and Adriatic blue.
- The advanced trim comes with giant 18-inch alloy wheels, bird’s eye sunroof, 12-way power spacious ventilated seats that can provide exceptional adjustability to accommodate a variety of driver proportions and physiques
- A power smart trunk-lid adds to your ease to flip open the trunk automatically when you stand right behind it with the smart key in your pocket.
Cabin Style and Interiors
- The posh interiors comprise of three-zone automatic climate control that lets the driver, front as well as rear passengers control the temperature and air distribution as per one’s needs.
- Humidity control features are designed to prevent windows from fogging.
- The dashboard is a symphony of leather, premium wood and metal trims, adorned with a leather-wrapped steering wheel that whispers pure class.
- Ample headroom and legroom for maximum comfort and relaxed postures, along with heated and ventilated front seats equipped with the smart seat posture all converge to make long rides a breeze.
Efficiency and Mechanics
- Apart from serving looks, the G80 also serves from under the hood. While the turbocharged 2.5-litre four cylinder delivers a speedy 300 horsepower and 311 pound-feet of zippy torque, the 3.5-litre version packs a real punch with 375 hp and 391 lb-ft of torque.
- Combining the GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) and MPI (Multi-Point Injection), get set for
- The advanced four-cylinder unit offers exceptional refinement and efficiency with its lightweight aluminium construction.
- Innovative split cooling system that controls coolant flow and temperatures maintains inner machinery and boosts the efficiency further.
- The extraordinary fuel economy is achieved through a focus on reducing internal friction and the use of a common-rail fuel injection system that runs at a good 2,200 bar of pressure.
- The EPA estimates that this beast will run up to 9.7 kmpl in the city side and 13.6 kmpl on highways
- This beauty is all about the premium updated luxury from its interior down to its smooth handling, while still sporting a humble price tag that brings it closer to the aspirations of new car owners. All in all, a total package!
- The car has set a mark which cannot be met easily but established nameplates like the Audi A6, the BMW 5-series and also the Mercedes-Benz E-class are near head competitors of this luxury premium car.
Tech and Infotainment
- Apart from the ubiquitous Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, G80s come equipped with 12 speakers of a powerful Lexicon audio system with clear and distinct sound.
- A circular controller on either the centre console, or buttons on the steering wheel and voice commands light up the high-end huge 14.5-inch touchscreen, the hub for G80’s infotainment system giving it a highly tech-savvy vibe.
- Comes with turn-by-turn navigation and real time traffic display.
- Features a wireless charger in the 3.5L trim for your personal devices.
- G80 has the basics – automated emergency braking, adaptive cruise control and blind-spot monitoring.
- The intriguing add-ons are the dual stage airbag with two inflator modules connected to one airbag, making it twice as safe in emergencies as the normal one. Depending upon conditions like speed, seatbelt usage and severity of the crash, the airbag may deploy by firing only one of these two charges while leaving the second “live” charge.
- Also comes with smart park, a system that helps manoeuvre the car into tight parking spots without actually being at the controls.
- Offers driver-assistance technology along with a back-up camera.
- Armed with rear child safety locks for minors.
- The G80 sedan is not as athletic as rival sedans, content to favor its luxury persona. Also, the bold grille design of this car may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- The gorgeous genesis G80 sedan hit the ground running expectedly in September 2021.
- Starting at AED 180, 142 and goes up to AED 260, 030 depending on the models