Features elongated, coupe-like exteriors nestled on a long wheelbase, creating an elegant profile. Its prominent front kidney grille features a numberplate breaking up its monolith structure, harmonizing well with the rest of the vehicle. At the same time, the rear taillights give the car a bold look.
Its side profile looks akin to standard BMW options, where the 19″ rim gives the saloon an added sporty look and feel; 17-20″ sized rims are available on request. Note that the smaller 17″ Bicolour Midnight Grey alloy wheels are reserved for the entry-level eDrive40, while the larger 20″ Bicolour Jet Black Double-spoke style alloy wheels are ascribed to the i4 M50.
Cabin style and interiors
The car sets itself apart with a brilliantly futuristic appeal with its unconventional interiors and self-closing doors.
A thin layer of non-reflective glass covers both screens. The entirely seamless design is angled subtly toward the driver.
Boasting ten cubic feet of space in the trunk, fold the rear seats flat and you’ve got an immensely spacious corner, easily accessed through its large hatch.
Efficiency and Mechanics
- According to the E-rating ranking by British EV news outlet Electrifying, the BMW i4 is one of the most efficient EVs on the deck.
- Showcasing an innovative, aerodynamic design and a powerful thrust, the precisely interlinked structural elements improve driving performance by increasing the rigidity of the body structure.
- Effective reduction of air turbulence around the wheel area when compared to conventional alloy alternatives.
- With the weight deliberately reduced by 15 percent, it operates as a much lighter drive.
Engine and Performance
- The single rear-mounted motor in the model produces 335 hp and 430Nm of torque, which guarantees enough power for everyday driving.
- The high points are its 5.7sec 0-60mph time and its ‘sporty’ dual motors that give it a 537bhp peak – considerably higher than the BMW M3 super saloon.
- In comfort mode, the dampers eliminate most road issues and keep things relaxed and smooth as you cruise along – whether on a twisty back road or on the highway.
Tech And Infotainment
- Tech add-ons include adaptive LED Laserlight headlights and BMW’s Iconic Electric Sounds – playing through the interiors as though you were cruising in the future.
- The latest iDrive 8 operating system comes with a 14.9-inch display and 12.3-inch digital gauges that rest on an ultra-sleek and contemporary curved screen.
- Command your infotainment without missing a beat by either touching the command, using the console controller, or casual voice commands to perform tasks like switching the radio station. Plus, navigate like a champ with the Cloud-Based BMW Maps System.
- Connect your smartphone with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ to jam to your playlist or stream movies. You can even safely respond hands-free to major notifications if you want to communicate while driving.
- You can put the i4 into B-Mode to use regenerative braking and one-pedal driving, which actually adds a charge to the battery every time you take your foot off the accelerator, which is efficiency at its technologically finest.
- Beyond standard anti-crash features like blind-spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, forward-collision warning with low-speed emergency braking, and park distance control, its active Driving Assistant Pro offers cross-traffic alert and lane-keeping assist.
- Going a step beyond, BMW’s awesome Extended Traffic Jam Assistance feature steers the car by itself, without manual intervention, for long minutes in traffic as long as the vehicle stays under 64 kmph.
- Some consumers are facing teething problems with the car, bringing back the cardinal rule of car ownership – never buy a car during its first year in production.
- The lack of battery crash pads too, is particularly worrying, given the extent of other safety features.
The Polestar 2 and Tesla model 3 both make for formidable competition, offering similar features for a price that won’t hurt your pocket.
Feel like you’re in a movie with Hans Zimmer’s rousing music as your background score, who has created the mood-enhancing palette featuring synthesized sounds for the iX called ‘Iconic Sounds Electric’.
In sports mode, a warm, burly warble rises and falls with acceleration and speed, creating a soothing rhythm. At peak power, the cabin is reverberating with a sustained, polyphonic power chord. In other modes, the car is hushed with minimal sounds to not interrupt your immersive experience.
It sells at a starting price of AED 180,000 for the base trim in electric variety.
When Does It Launch?
The car was launched in March 2022, and we’re sure with its electric Grand Coupe appeal won’t disappoint you.