- Designed to impress from all angles in a style of its own, the new 2 Series Coupe blends classic concepts with brand-new elements, lending it a strong profile. Its lightweight body is designed to be up to 40% more rigid, durable, and safer than before.
- Decorated with the added accentuation of triangular elements and newly designed headlights, it still sports the BMW coupe hallmarks of a low, wide front stance and shark nose.
- Its wide track is emphasized with muscular proportions in the rear and new taillight designs for an added appearance of power. The front-end flashes headlights in BMW 02 iconic style but adorned with BMW’s newly-designed kidney grille.
- The new 2 Coupe is decked with a refined steering and stiffened chassis for split-second responsiveness.
Cabin style and interiors
- The sharp triangular theme of the exterior carries over to the inside, offering passengers trapezoidal accents above the armrests in the doors and the sports steering wheel that is finished in either Alcantara or Vernasca leather.
- The higher trim also adds interior ambient lighting, comfort access keyless entry, a two-way power moonroof, and a power sports front seat.
- Comfort with sportiness is a rare find, but the large adjustable seats and backrest parceled with adjustable thigh support are a sporty-yet-comfy combination for both the driver and front-seat passengers. It is also easier to access the back seat as the front seats automatically slide out of the way.
Tech & Infotainment
- A state-of-the-art Digital Instrument Cluster and an equally capable Central Information Display pair nicely to make connecting to your BMW a breeze, more intuitive with the BMW Live Cockpit Professional, providing an artfully equipped driver’s ecosystem.
- What’s more, you don’t have to worry about manual upgrades with the Intelligent Personal Assistant and iDrive 7.0 Operating System, which take care of over-the-air updates for all the car tech, including the Android Auto/ Apple Carplay, thus crossing this tedious task off your checklist.
Efficiency and Mechanics
- Propelling the BMW 2 Series to power, its TwinPower Turbo engine technology offers an awe-inspiring force with up to 382 hp in the M240i xDrive model, going from 0 to 60 mph in a blink-and-its-gone snap of only 4.1 seconds.
- To ensure smooth transitions on the road when driving, the Coupe models are equipped with the 8-Speed Sport Automatic Transmission.
- The 2 Series Coupe demonstrates an impressive responsiveness with its improved steering and a performance-oriented rear-wheel-drive system, especially in the 230i model, augmented by its wider stance, a stiffer chassis, and a near-perfect 50/50 weight distribution.
- Its performance is also enhanced with cutting-edge features like M Sport Brakes, M Differential compensating for differing wheel rotations, Aerodynamic Kit, and M-specific wheel designs, bringing your driving experience into top gear.
The new 2 Series Coupe’s suite of standard driving assistance comes packed with features including frontal collision warning, active blind-spot detection, lane departure warning, and rear cross-traffic alert, allowing you to focus on the road while the vehicle focuses on safety.
Craving a shocking new aesthetic? The new BMW 2 Series Coupe has two doors instead of four, complementing a longer bonnet and a curvier roofline. It is perfectly crouched with even lower ground clearance and dips 3cm lower than the old model, with its wheels set wider apart than previous editions.
The chassis is also 12% stiffer, adding to the tautness of its suspension, and the bonnet and front wings are made from aluminum to diminish weight. Hopes are pinned on this design to reduce body roll and make the new car feel more planted when taking fast corners.
The car’s overall space composition has grown, but one can experience a tighter squeeze in the rear seats with the legroom shrinking by 0.8 inches, making it a snug fit and harder to climb into.
The new 2-Series ranges with an MSRP starting from $36,350 – $48,550 (AED 133,512 to AED 178, 323)
When Does It Launch?
Brace yourself as the BMW 2 Series Coupé is set to launch at the beginning of 2022.